Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School


Maddy went back to school today. It was so awesome, watching her face light up as the bus arrived, her feet kicking with glee as she and her wheelchair rode the lift onto the (brand new!) bus. Man, I love this kid, and it thrills me to see her react so positively to school. This has always been one of my favorite times of the year...new clothes, new school supplies, a new classroom full of possibilities.

I spent the rest of my day letting my mind wander. Sometimes, I really need a quiet house so I can think. It was absolutely glorious and felt a little decadent to have the house to myself for a solid 8 hours. I'd actually forgotten what it was like to wander the house in my nightgown (no robe!) in the daylight hours. I love our nurses so much, but having someone in my house all summer is mentally exhausting to me. (My inner hermit disapproves.)

Speaking of exhaustion ~ I haz it. Since I didn't sleep much today, I need a few hours of in-the-dark sleep to catch up.

And tomorrow? I have a whole 'nother eight hours of solitude and peace.

I love school.

No comments: