Thursday, November 20, 2008

NaBloPoMo ~ Day 20

Only 10 more days to go and I will have officially completed my obligation to post for the entire month of November. Wow.

I did manage to get the cupcakes baked and frosted (homemade buttercream, of course! colored lavender, since that is Maddy's favorite) and sprinkled with pretty purple sugar. The dishes and silver? Not so much. I am ready to do those tomorrow. The cupcake endeavor simply took too much out of me. It was three stressful hours in the kitchen, for a small return of two dozen cupcakes. I just wish she would taste one ~ just once! ~ to make it all worthwhile. Oh well, I know her schoolmates will enjoy them tomorrow, and I know that we will enjoy them on Saturday. (I didn't frost Saturday's yet ~ they are in the freezer, keeping fresh, until tomorrow night.)

Everything else is on track for completion as well. It's a good thing, too, since another cold front blew in this morning and I am battling yet another migraine attack. This one came on without an aura (unusual) and without nausea (also unusual, and thank goodness for that!) so it's just the pounding, spike-like pain behind my left eye. I can handle the pain much better than the nausea, so that's okay, I suppose. No vacuuming or heavy lifting for me tonight, but I do have a few other things to do, so no problems there. ;)

My Christmas shopping is almost complete. I only have a couple more gifts to pick up, plus Maddy's teachers and nurses, and then I'm done. I did the bulk of my shopping online this year, and those gifts have been arriving all week. It's so nice to know that next weekend, after the Thanksgiving feast, when most people are just starting to shop, I will be virtually done. Sometimes, having headaches pays ~ it definitely makes you plan ahead!

Time to get this posted and hop to my list. Have a great Friday, y'all, and I'll see you back here tomorrow sometime. :)

1 comment:

baldsue said...

Why won't Maddy try a cupcake?

Are you really going to stop blogging in 10 days? Have you gotten any therapeutic benefit from daily blogging?

Cheers to you for all you've done, 15 minutes at a time!