Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Momma update...

She had her nerve block today, and it went quite well. She was actually hungry (for the first time in months!) afterwards, and was cracking jokes. Unfortunately, she is also extremely jaundiced ~ a new thing since yesterday. She said that the doc said something about doing another procedure to help with that, but I'm not sure if that's truly what happened, or if he said he could do it under other circumstances, but not these...maybe I'll know more on that tomorrow. Once again, I missed the MD visit. I swear, there is NO rhyme or reason to those visits ~ sometimes they come 1st thing in the morning, other times at 10 at night.

The hospice team asked that I be there at 9 AM tomorrow. Apparently once I make that meeting, it takes about 24 hours to get her home. SOOOOO...she may actually be here for her birthday on Thursday! : Not a done deal yet ~ but wow, what an answered prayer that would be. My SIL is leaving TN first thing tomorrow, and driving straight through ~ a 15 hour drive ~ so she should be here tomorrow night sometime.

DH is at the hospital now, and just called to say that Momma ate some (no doubt nasty, hospital) lasagna, plus drank a glass of iced tea! No salad, but WOW! She literally hasn't eaten a bite of solid food in over 2 weeks. HUGE milestone. Simply huge! I was crying happy tears.

Dying? Bites. Eating? Rocks. Weakness and incontinence? Sucks. Laughing and telling jokes? Simply marvelous. Liver failure? Yuck. Kissing my sweet Momma? The best! Dying? Sucks rocks. Living through another day? A miraculous thing....

Man, I love her.

Have a great night, y'all, and Happy (early) Valentine's Day!

No comments: