Monday, September 25, 2006

Monday, Monday...

I used to absolutely hate Monday. It was the day I had the worst time waking for work, no matter how restful my weekend was. It was the day that everything that could go wrong, did.

Not so much anymore.

Nowadays, I love Monday. It's the day that Maddy goes back to school. The day that DH goes back to work. The day that I am able to catch up on my sleep and have the house (mostly) to myself. Is that selfish? Probably a little bit. But it's my diary, and if you can't be selfish in your diary, then where can you be?

Seriously, though, I didn't sleep at all last night. My headache came back very late in the evening, and by the time I got ready to try to sleep, it was already morning. (Often the flashing lightshow that is my aura prevents me from sleeping in the dark. Such pretty colors in my eyes....) So, I just stayed up. Got Maddy ready for school and on the bus, then came in, ate some breakfast, cleaned up the kitchen, and crashed for about 4.5 hours. I was up about an hour before she came home.

DH got home about 7, as is his normal schedule when he's in town. We ate leftovers for dinner and caught a couple of shows on the DVR, while flipping back and forth with the MNF game on ESPN, of course.

Maddy was extremely grumpy, and spent most of her afternoon and evening either crying or hitting one of us. Poor pookie. She still isn't 100%. Matter of fact, I hear her in her room right now, whining. I gave her medicine a little while ago, but it hasn't kicked in yet. I feel so sorry for her. She hates having a stuffy nose, and has picked scabs on both nostrils and the inside of her nose. Also on her forehead and her chin, of course. She looks like Carrie at the Prom when she picks the scabs with her nimble little finger.

*****later*****

I have snot all over me now. Poor babykin. I wish I could make it all better. She was sweaty from crying and had managed to get out of bed and to the floor. I don't know what it is about the blanket on the floor that makes her so much happier than her mattress, but it does. She rarely spends an entire night in bed. Usually, I spend the first couple of hours she's in "bed" transferring her from the floor to the bed. More often than not, she is in the floor when I get her up for school, too. Usually snoring. At least she takes her security blanket with her now.

Better run ~ she's gearing up for another scream-fest. I'll check back in when I can. If you have any good ideas on how to keep a sick kid in bed, let me know. Sleeping with Mommy and Daddy just means further to fall when she gets out of the bed, so that's out. I'm outta here!

No comments: