Thursday, November 06, 2008

NaBloPoMo ~ Day 6

We had a cool front come through last night, and the temperature dropped from the mid 70's down to the lower 50's in about an hour. Wow. The high today was only 71 degrees. I love Fall. The air was so crisp and beautiful. I just wish that fronts didn't mean head pain for me. Alas, every single front means an increase in pain for at least 2-3 days. I even had to take rescue meds today, which I try to avoid. It's back down to a quite manageable 4-5 now, after being a puking 8-9 this morning, so that's all good. Provided we don't get another front in the next 3-4 days, it will be back to a normal 2-3 shortly. I've said many times over the last several years that I can live with a 2-3 headache forever. I'd rather not, but I can do it.

Maddy was absolutely fantastic today. She had so much fun at school and came off the bus laughing like a crazy girl. She loves it when it cools down, too ~ she's like her mommy that way. We prefer the cool Fall weather (and the coldish winter weather) to the Spring and Summer in Texas. I can layer and get warm ~ there's no way to get naked enough to cool off! lol

One of my online friends lost her husband last night. He had no prior health problems, but just died suddenly, at home, in their room. He was only 41 years old and has two young children. I cried and cried when I read about it on the message board I frequent. It really hit home for me (again) how fragile our lives are on this earth ~ and that when your time is up, it's up. I gave my husband an extra-big hug and kiss when he came home from work this evening. I'm praying for her family tonight, for sure.

Better close up this boring entry. I need to go rest for a bit while I wait to do the last diaper change of the night.

No comments: