Monday, November 03, 2008

NaBloPoMo ~ Day 3

Day 3 and already I am struggling with what to write! I was expecting this, of course, but not until at least a week had passed. Let's see what I can come up with off the top of my head!

Tomorrow is Election Day in the US. Personally, I am supporting Barack Obama for President this year, but regardless of which candidate you prefer, please take the time to go to the polls and cast your vote.

November is an incredibly busy month for my family, but not until towards the end of it. We have Maddy's birthday (she turns 12 this year!), anniversaries for both T and me AND my parents, plus Thanksgiving ~ and those are just the celebratory items! Usually, we celebrate Maddy's birthday in conjunction with Thanksgiving, but her birthday actually occurs on the Saturday before T'giving this year, so we are hosting an actual family celebration at home for her. Should be fun, but stressful.

I have a ton of work to get ready for a party ~ I have to dig out the office (again!) and go over the whole house with a white glove. My parents haven't darkened my door in coming up on two years, so my mom will look at everything, including closets and under the beds. lol Should be fun! I'm tackling the projects 15 minutes at a time (a la FlyLady and trying not to stress too terribly much about it all. The house stays pretty neat, with the notable exception of my office and the garage, which are total nightmares on any given day. The office is simply a catch-all for projects, gifts (yes, I have several stacks of Christmas gifts ready to be wrapped!), books, and school-related paper. Plus the main home computer, my scrapping stuff, my sewing stuff...you get the idea, I'm sure. I also have several piles of Maddy's outgrown clothing in there right now, and I need to figure out what to do with all that.

My other big project for this fall is taking photos of old slides that my grandparents took when I was a baby. I'm planning on transferring those to DVD for my parents for Christmas, provided I get them all converted. I found instructions on this site and got my light box last week. Now to the fun part ~ taking over 1000 photos and editing them, then copying them to DVD!

I hear the Wee One calling me ~ better shut this down and leave something to talk about for tomorrow! Have a great day!

No comments: