Wednesday, November 12, 2008

NaBloPoMo ~ Day 12


momma's wreath 2
Originally uploaded by kimmie68
I admit it ~ I'm copping out tonight. My head is splitting again and I just can't stand to sit here very long, but I wanted to get something up!

This is a picture of the Autumn wreath that my Momma-in-Love (my MIL) made for me a few years ago. She died of pancreatic cancer in 2007 and I miss her every single day. She was like a mother to me ~ loving me unconditionally and always showing how much she cared for me and our family. I was blessed by knowing her. She used to come down from Tennessee to Texas every year for Maddy's birthday and Thanksgiving, so we'd have her for at least one week per year. That year, she brought all her wreath making supplies and when I came home from work, this was hanging on our front door.

I took it the picture night, so the colors are a little off ~ it's really made up of burgandies, rusts, yellows and oranges ~ very pretty ~ with Indian corn and cattails, plus a stuffed quail. I love the shape of the wreath ~ it's oval and quite heavy. I hope to have it to hang every Autumn for the rest of my life.

I miss you, Momma Love ~ so much ~ and so does your son and your granddaughter. *kisses*

1 comment:

shrink on the couch said...

HOw nice you and your MIL got along so well. I think this is some kind of test of a woman's goodness, if she can claim her dau-in-law's good favor.