Thursday, January 04, 2007

Since I'm awake...

...figured I'd do a quick update.

Maddy's next eye appointment is scheduled for 1/23 ~ it'll be under general anesthesia, so tomorrow, I will be calling the ENT, GI, and dentist, to see if they all want to take advantage of a sleeping child for checkups. She has to see the cardiologist for clearance before the GA, so that appointment is set for Tuesday, 1/9. I pray everything will be as it has been every other year so far...I hate the cardio appointments, especially since we're getting yet another new one. *sigh* We had two doctors in 9 years, now we've had 2 in 1 year. At least I've met this one before ~ she was one of the "on call" docs when Maddy was in the PICU a few years ago, and I really liked her then, so I'm sure I'll like her now.

Miss M. is supposed to go back to school tomorrow, but I'm not sure if she'll be ready to go or not. She hasn't had a BM in a couple of days now (we've been using prune juice to attempt to regulate her BMs without Miralax) and she was extremely grumpy and out of sorts this evening. She finally crashed at around 10, which is a good 2.5 hours later than her normal bedtime, and is sleeping comfortably. I just changed her, and her urine is normal ~ but still no poop. *sigh* If she hasn't had a BM by 7 AM, it'll be Miralax and staying home, waiting on it to work, tomorrow.

I found the absolute coolest stickers on the dollar aisle at Target the other day ~ little purple jewels, meant for your cell phone. (90 jewels for $1!) Since she doesn't carry a cell phone, I put a bunch of "bling" on the Princess's Chariot (her new wheelchair), and it looks really neat. She loved it when I showed her yesterday. Too cute. Those little jewels were a PITA, but the end result was worth it, I think. I bet most of them are gone within a couple of weeks, but it was still fun, and worth $1.

It's currently pouring down rain, and 45 degrees. It actually feels like a little bit of winter again ~ after a couple of days with highs in the upper 60's, I'm ready for some chill in the air. I wonder if DH will have to work tomorrow, or if they'll get called off because of the rain? We'll see...at around 6 AM! lol

Unpacking and putting away in the garage ground to a halt today ~ my headache was at a 7-8 this morning (with the approaching front) and I had to take major meds to kick it back down to a 2-3, where it has stayed. I can handle a 2-3...the pain is just enough to annoy me and make me wear sunglasses in the dark house. lol Oh, and I have the absolutely LOVELY light show, even when I close my eyes. That bugs me.

Boring life = boring blog. But at least I'm here to write about something, right?

Happy Thursday, y'all!

No comments: