Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Let the sale begin...

I spent the weekend preparing for a garage-sale type event on my IF and parenting web site. Today, I posted the items for sale. It was a lot more work than I was prepared for, but I'm glad I did it. Hopefully, I will get to see some cute little girls wearing fashions From Maddy's Closet. :)

My child has grown freakishly large. No, not for a "typically developing" child. Just for a child with CdLS. She was wearing a 5T on her birthday this past November. Today, her shirts are...gulp...8's! She actually has a teeny belly roll. And some back fat. Whoa. She is my child!

So, I'm starting the "gotta find a new wardrobe right the fuck now" dance. She's set for summer. Lots of little shorts, capris, and a couple of sundresses (for that pesky invitation to High Tea with The Queen.) It's school that I'm mainly concerned with at this point. I've been shopping (online, of course) and I just cannot find any little schoolgirl-type skorts in her size. Why is it that my 8 year old should dress like Britney Spears? I'm sorry, but since she doesn't really care what she wears (and I do), I refuse to dress her like a Pop Tart.

I know I'll find The Wardrobe. Shopping online for clothing is not fun, though. I am very tactile ~ I like to touch the fabrics. Sometimes how a fabric feels in my hand is more important than how it wears, or how it fits...if the fabric feels cheap, I don't care how cute it is, I won't buy it. Unfortunately, most typical shopping venues have this annoying habit of utilizing flourescent lighting and obnoxious Muzak ~ and with this damned migraine, I really have no tolerance for either of those things. Or salespeople. Nope. Total lack of tolerance for salespeople...especially shrieky ones like you usually find in the pre-teen department at the major department stores.

Uh oh. I hear thunder. Maybe I'd better shut this down before I lose it.

Will write more ~ sometime. ;)

No comments: